Halkara (ハルカラ, Harukara) is a main character of Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita and is known for her clumsiness. Making her residence at the Cottage in the Highlands, she is an apothecary and successful elfin businesswoman, and the inventor of the Nutri-Spirit energy tonic. She owns two factories producing it, one of which is located in Nascúte.
Hailing from an Elf village, Halkara began a career as a businesswoman when she invented the Nutri-Spirit energy tonic and started Halkara Pharmaceuticals to produce it en-masse. It proved popular enough that Beelzebub began purchasing it to assist in her work, favouring it greatly and coming to depend on it. However, when she suffered a withdrawal after running out, Beelzebub attempted to locate Halkara to ask her for a more direct supply. This resulted in a rumour claiming Beelzebub had been poisoned by Nutri-Spirits and was hunting Halkara for revenge, prompting the elf to flee her village in search of protection from the demon. The sequential events would lead her and Beelzebub to Azusa Aizawa.
Like the other members of her species, Halkara is a naturally beautiful and youthful woman. Marked out as an elf by her long, pointed ears, she has long blonde hair reaching the base of her spine with a long fringe almost covering her forehead. She has a cowlick on the top of her head, along with light blue eyes and pale skin.
While an elf, Halkara is distinguished from her peers by her large bust and bottom, which attracts the eyes of both men and women.
Hailing from a woodland biome, Halkara dresses lightly. Exposing a lot of skin, Halkara's outfit consists of a light green and brown blouse with a breast window and a white pleated skirt (or is it shorts?) combo. Two belts wrap around her waist. Additionally, she wears a dark teal scarf around her neck, along with bicep high furred hide gloves.
Halkara is an air headed individual, who is often very clumsy and forgetful. Despite being kind-hearted and well meaning, she has a tendency to complicate and worsen situations as a result of her incompetency, misunderstanding or other failing. However, Halkara is also shown to be highly intelligent and industrious, as shown by her competency when running Halkara Pharmaceuticals and the company's two factories.
Growing up in a elf village, Halkara developed an insecurity towards her body as a result of her prominent bodily features. While her peers were slender and lithe, her large chest and posterior made her stick out among the elves, leading to her receiving stares to her chest by both men and women and being mildly ostracized in group activities. Despite becoming accustomed to it, she still becomes nervous when around groups of people as she easily becomes the centre of attention.
Additionally, due to her air headed nature, Halkara has a tendency to unknowingly accentuate her bodily features. An example being squeezing her breasts together with her arms to make them more prominent, as demonstrated when she pleaded to Azusa for help against Beelzebub despite the fact they were both women.
- Halkara has a tendency to become motion sick when traveling on any kind of vehicle
- While Halkara is well known for being air headed and clumsy, this is shown to be a trait that her entire family shares to a greater degree than her. Halkara's family considers her far more well adjusted by comparison.
- Halkara wet the bed until she was 35.
- Halkara is very afraid of ghosts.
- When she establishes she will be staying at the Cottage in the Highlands and Azusa asks if she's having lewd thoughts, Halkara states that she's heteroflexible. Heteroflexibility is a sexuality distinguished from bisexuality wherein one is predominantly heterosexual but capable of entertaining homoeroticism and engaging in select homosexual behaviour.
- It's worth noting that in some fan translations, her wording is more ambiguous, claiming, "I want my first time to be with a man," which hangs doubt on if Morita actually intends Halkara to be explicitly heteroflexible.